GutZyme is a digestive supplement that is ideal for people who have adequate HCL levels but want to maximize their absorption of fats, proteins, minerals and other nutrients. It includes all the same enzymes as the original GutZyme, plus additional enzymes to assist the digestion of beans and other carbohydrates.
GutZyme Assist contains the following additional enzymes:
- Glucoamylase helps to break down starch that occurs naturally in most vegetables Invertase is a carbohydrate-digesting enzyme that splits sucrose (common table sugar) into its component parts, glucose and fructose.
- Maltase breaks down the disaccharide maltose in to two glucose molecules, which are easily oxidized by the body for energy.
- Alpha-Galactosidase helps break down the polysaccharides and oligosaccharides found in foods that are typically more-challenging to digest such as peanuts, beans, lentils and cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
- Beta-Glucanase represents a group of carbohydrate enzymes which break down glycosidic bonds within beta-glucan.
- Provides comprehensive enzyme support for comfortable digestion absorption of nutrients.*
- Gives you the enzymes that support in the digestion of carbs, vegetables, protein, fats and sugars: Amylase, glucoamylase, invertase, lactase, maltase, alpha-galactosidase, beta-glucanase, phytase, lipase, and protease peptidase complex.*
- Gives you three different types of lipase, providing 500 FIP (Fungal Lipase International Standard, or 1 unit of enzyme activity) for help digesting fats.
- Contains DPP-IV enzymes that may support the digestion of casein and gluten.*
- Is encapsulated in a cellulose, vegetarian capsule.
- Is safe to open and ingest without encapsulation.
- Is free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, yeast and soybeans.
- Does not contain artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Does not contain HCL (hydrochloric acid) or pepsin.
- Can be used sequentially or in tandem with GutZyme® HCl. Some customers start with GutZyme® HCl and then move onto only GuZyme® after their stomach is functioning well. Some use the two in tandem for different meals over the same day.
Warning: GutZyme® is not recommended for children under the age of 3, unless otherwise prescribed by a physician. For toddlers and sensitive adults, a smaller dose may be obtained by pulling apart the capsule, taking a small portion of the contents and mixing with food.
How to Use
Take 1 capsule before each meal. For children and sensitive adults, a smaller dose may be obtained by pulling apart the capsule and taking a portion of the contents. GutZyme® does not require refrigeration.